Google is making a rule exception to what you can use in your business name for some restaurants. You can write in your business name that your restaurant has “delivery available” or “takeout available.” This is just for the time being, and is normally not allowed for business names in Google My Business.
- They did not update their help section
- This advice is primarily targeted at restaurants/grocery stores so if I were in a high risk category I wouldn’t think about it
- Google’s view and yours should answer the question: is it in the best of the consuming public.
- So if a grocery store or restaurant is currently offering curbside pick that clearly qualifies
- If it were me I would not worry about suspensions (google has been lax on name spam in most categories) and if it is in the best interest of your consumer just do it.
Original Post: Search Engine Round Table